Sunday, May 3, 2009

To my Harvey

(from john)...

To my Harvey,

It's hard to believe that you really are almost here. My emotions have been all over the place since first finding out that you were alive; nine months worth. You'll understand that someday. 

You are my little buddy.

Soon I will hold you. I will comfort you. I will teach you how to throw a ball. I will teach you about music. I will take care of you in ways you won't understand until you're in my position someday. 

The things that your Grandpa Tom has told me my whole life make sense now.

I'm promising to spend my whole life teaching you love, and love is many things. I'm also promising to spend my whole life teaching you the lessons that are in this Jars of Clay song, "Boys (Lesson One)."

I love you, my man. - Your Dad

2 comments:

I'm Kate... said...

God bless you both, our dear friends!! You will be in our prayers in the next few days as your world is about to be flipped upside down by LOVE!

Love Katie and Joe

PS Ohhhh we're so EXCITED!!!!

Nate and Betsy said...

Praying for you all on Wednesday! Can't wait to see pics of the little man! Nolan can't wait for another guy to hang with!

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months