Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Catch Up

Hopefully this is the last time I feel the need to play catch up on here. And with a new baby coming, I'm totally sure I'll constantly be all over this blog. I'm certain there will never be anything else more important than writing on here. Ha! So I'll make no promises, but I think I'm going to try harder to stay caught up.

The problem right now is that I've allowed so much time to go by, I'm all out of practice, and there is SO much to catch up on, and so few photos to show for the last few months. Blogs aren't much fun without photos. I've been about 12 shades of burned out on taking photos of everyday life. But that's going to change my friends! Someday anyway. :)

I have been super busy working on spring photo shoots. Check out some of what has kept me away from this blog for awhile: . So many cute children and families, so little time. And now that it's spring, it's so fun to go out and shoot photos all afternoon. Just gotta get big Harv out there soon.


We've hit the 16 week mark. We'll find out 3 weeks from tomorrow if Harvey's getting a little sister or a brother. He doesn't want either. He wants a big sister to boss him, drag him around, sing silly songs. Bad news buddy. You're the big brother. He's always super jealous of little babies, but endlessly entertained by big kids, especially girls who want to mother him. Again, tough break.


Here are some fun updates in a list, because I'm lazy. And I'm currently creating lungs and unfused eyelids, so cut me some slack.

*Harvey's current favorite toys: his Buppy (bunny/puppy I guess) and his Buhbuck (his blanket). I love the names kids give things.

*He's super into dinosaurs, trains and airplanes. He's officially a boy. And I love "Dinosaur Train" on PBS. Perfect combo. I taught him to walk around the house and scream "All aboarddd!". Love him.

*He's a big time mimic-er these days. He'll repeat just about anything. So be careful. The latest---"yuv you". So sweet.

*He randomly knows some letters. We didn't teach him this. I'm thinking all those hours of Sesame Street when mama was feeling super sick/had a migraine are really paying off. We went to a bagel place before church on Sunday, and he was standing in the window where there was a decal. The word was "breakfast" and it was backwards to us on the inside. He pointed and said "E. K. Stars.". Uhhhhh, yup, that's an 'E' and a 'K' (and there were some stars on there as well. John and I will take the credit for shape recognition :)). How the heck did he know that?! I've since tested him and he clearly knows the e and the k. Thanks Elmo! Didn't know puppets could do my job for me. So glad I'm off the hook!


*We set up his basketball goal on our screened in patio, so he's constantly begging to go "ow-side". He ate dinner outside on Sunday night when it was in the upper 40s at best. He doesn't care. He loooooves to sit out there and stare. Then hurl himself out of his chair to go play ball. He's definitely a boy.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months