Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ah, Sleep Deprivation

I've decided I no longer need to sleep. Good thing, because I'm not going to be doing much of that anytime soon anyway . Charlie has entered into a new phase: the baby sads. He now cries anytime of the day or night (uh, mostly night) about anything, everything and nothing all at the same time. The only cure for the baby sads? Someone has to stay awake with him all night long and watch him sleep. Heaven help you if you *accidentally* fall asleep. He always finds out.

When we're not up helping Charlie work through all of his sadness and troubles that come along with being a newborn, he's eating. Every two hours. And that's two hours from the start of a feeding. So if he starts eating at 2am (a popular feeding time), then he takes 30-45 minutes, you then have about an hour and fifteen minutes to sleep before his little baby stop watch goes off and its time to feed again. Seriously, last night (aka this morning) he ate at 2:10, 4:10, and 6:15 (he accidentally hit snooze at 6:10).


Wow, I sound a little whiney. Not trying to be Debbie Downer, just sharing and documenting. Even though it's a bit exhausting, this is such a sweet time and I'm sure we're going to want to remember all of this (like we'll be able to forget this :) ).

And here are a million more photos. Some more of big brother and Charlie. He's always telling Charlie he'll "hep" him. Hep him get out of bed, hep him by picking him up, hep him by giving him a hug. Such a big "heper". Hey, maybe I should just go put Charlie in Harvey's bed around 2:30am so he can really hep him!


DSC_0483

DSC_0478

DSC_0489



And some bath time photos. His cord stump is still hangin tough, so last week I decided we can't wait forever. I'll be glad when that thing is gone.

DSC_0098

DSC_0111

DSC_0123
Oh yeah, he loves it!


DSC_0121



And here is his wonderful hair. Somehow I managed to cover the baby mull. We'll get some clear photos of that soon. Before it falls out.
DSC_0166

DSC_0164

DSC_0169
He looks just like his daddy............




DSC_0005

DSC_0008

1 comment:

Brooke said...

hahahah, I just love you. All of you. Your honesty, you are just refreshing. I wish we were neighbors so we could do all this kid business together...while we start our amazing photography business. :)
I love you friend.
It seems my little man has created quite a cocoon the he doesn't want to leave. I am due next Friday, but I'm not sure he's coming anytime soon.

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months