Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let's Play a Game

Lets see if you can guess where John and I went this past weekend.


















I know, it's a tough one! John's birthday was last Monday, so we planned a trip to St Louis for opening weekend as his birthday present. We headed up to Eldorado on Friday night to drop the Harv off with his Pawpaw and Mimi, and John and I headed up to St Louis early Saturday morning. I mean ear-ly. We weren't wasting any of our baby free time!

We started off with some shopping, then some sight seeing (more photos to come, don't you worry!). Then we headed to Busch Stadium for batting practice. We were able to be down on the field to watch them warm up, and we even got to go hangout in the dugout. Pretty exciting stuff! This was the day of the 20 inning game, so it was a long haul. We got there at 1:00, the game started at 3:15, and we finally left around 6:45, during the 11th inning. We went to the lobby of our hotel thinking we would see the end of the game there. Then we decided to go up to our room to get ready for dinner, and we were sure we would see the end up there. At 8:15 we figured this game was never going to end, and we should just go on to dinner. We were finishing dinner around 10:15, the game was still going on, and we had this crazy idea to try to rush back and see the end. Unfortunately, it ended as we were on our way back.

Such a wonderful weekend alone with my man in his shangri la! I must admit, I have a very special place in my heart for St Louis now as well. I do love me some Cardinals baseball (did I really have a choice? Pretty sure that was in my wedding vows somewhere), and St Louis is a fun city. I'm looking forward to many, many fun memories there in years to come.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months