Thursday, April 15, 2010

Losing My Mommy Mind

First, I would like to say I tried to upload recent photos on here last night, but my computer would not cooperate. And, I have zero patience left for basically anything. But it was all my computer's fault.

Harvey is sick, again (or still). He had croup 2 1/2 weeks ago, and he's still coughing. For the last week and a half its been worse, so I've been up from about 2:30-5:30 listening to him cough and trying to help him get back to sleep. I'm completely exhausted. Last night was the worst. I worked with him until 2am, and then I was back up at 5. That's right, I basically took a nap last night. And he won't nap---the longest he's slept has been 1 hour. That's definitely not enough for a little boy who is sick and who has stayed up all night. And let's face it, mommy seriously needs a break (whoa, look who put on her cranky pants this morning!).

John took him to the doctor this morning, just to make sure there's not anything else we can do. And there's not. Yet another infamous virus or two. The doctor seems to think he just went from one virus (the one that caused his croup) straight into another and possibly even another since his runny nose and lack of appetite just started last night. Oh, you heard me right. Stop the world, my child is refusing food! He hasn't eaten since 7:45 this morning, and that was just a few bites. That's how you know it's the real deal.

So we just have to be patient and keep listening to him hack up his lungs all day and night. I wish we could do something more for him! Oh, and more for me. Don't forget about me and how very tired I am. He's going to spend the weekend with his Mimi and Pawpaw, so I have a feeling I'll be feeling better after this weekend, and hopefully Harvey will too. Not so sure about the grandparents........ :)

And in the midst of all this, I am trying to make Harvey's birthday invitations. I thought they would be so fun to make myself and so much cuter than ones I could buy. False. Next year, I think I'll leave it to the professionals. Sleep deprivation and crafting do not in fact go hand in hand.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months