Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some Days...

Some days your kids are so cute you could just eat them up. Other days, you wish you had.

We had quite a day today, in case you couldn't tell by my intro. I told my mom, if I get head butted in the face or karate chopped in the throat one more time, I really might lose my cool (all these actions occur when I'm carrying Harvey to safety/our destination and he goes ballistic in my arms trying to get down). Harvey is super independent right now, and he's quite confident he knows what's best. Mom, it's totally cool if I just run out in traffic. Other people's moms let them! (Insert karate chop to the throat). Geeze mom, I can run behind the swings when there are big kids swinging super high. I know they're not going to give me a concussion (or whatever you said)! (Insert back arching head but to the nose). And don't get me started on all the tantrums.

But then, there are so many cute little sweet moments that melt your heart and cause you to (temporarily) forget how emotionally unstable your child is. Diet coke and chocolate. That's how I'm self medicating. Totally healthy coping mechanism.


On a completely unrelated note, here are some photos of Harvey and his cousin Lorelai from this weekend.


DSC_0760
Lorelai---Why you fink dey put us in da sun wike dis and den say "smile"? Is too sunny to smile.



DSC_0761
Harv---Uhhhhhhhh, Worelwai? Why your parents gib you such a hard name to say? And, why your face look like dat?




DSC_0766
Lorelai---I don't know what you means.
Harv---Twy a face wike dis. Eeeeeeee!




DSC_0768
Lorelai---Wike dis? Nnnnnnmmnnmm!
Harvey---No! Wike dis! EEEEEEEEE!!




DSC_0771
Lorelai---Ummm actuawy, your face wooks dumb. And, Harbey is kinda hard to say too.




DSC_0772
Harvey---Maa-ommm! Worewai said my name was hard to says!



DSC_0774
Lorelai---Dere, now I can make whateber face I wants to. I wike to wook wike dis for photos.
Harvey---Why is girwls so hard to wive wif?



After this photo shoot, I was spinning the kids around, making them real dizzy and putting them down and letting them fall over. Don't worry, I kept asking if that was some form of child abuse, and we all decided since they kept coming back for more, it was simply entertainment. After all that spinning, I was pretty dizzy myself so I laid down in the grass.


DSC_0904
The children are obviously "concerned". Let's see what they do to "help".



DSC_0919
I fink she might be hurt!! Wets sit on hers!




DSC_0922

Little rascals. I'm not sure either are showing signs of a future in medicine.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months