Friday, January 7, 2011

20 Months

Yup, sounds crazy to me too. Harvey turned 20 months old yesterday. We're on the downward slope toward his second birthday. I guess he's not going to listen to me----I keep forbidding him to grow up, but he just keeps going.


He is becoming more and more cuddly the older he gets. That's a little different for a crazy toddler boy. Recently I have had to tell him more than once a day to get up and go play----stop sitting on mommy's lap (although secretly on the inside I'm doing a little dance because I love thats he's a bit of a mama's boy). Last night he sat on the couch between John and I and watched TV. Not little kid shows, sitcoms. He just wants to be around us and be a part of things. And to cuddle. And not just cuddle with John and I. This boy is a lovie lover. Any kind of lovie, blankie, stuffed animal, anything with a tag on it--he loves it.

In honor of Harvey being a big twenty month old, I wanted to pay tribute to two of Harvey's dearest friends----Dog Dog and his football blanket.

DSC_0971
Dog Dog has been around since his first birthday. My mom took him to Build A Bear before his birthday party and let him "pick out" whatever he wanted. It was love at first sight.




DSC_0982
Then after his obsession with tags began, he got a Taggie Football blanket. And the three of them have been inseparable ever since.



DSC_0023_2


DSC_0013_2



DSC_0035_2
Occasionally he will throw in another stuffed animal, another blanket or two into the mix (every time we leave the house Harvey has Dog Dog and his football, and 2-3 other items stuffed in his arms. When we try to make him walk to the car he stands in the doorway crying because he can't see over all of his "friends" in his arms). But no matter what toys come and go, these two are his forever (until he discovers girls) friends.


DSC_0025_2
Even when Dog Dog says something shocking and crazy, we still love him so.


DSC_0058_2

When Harvey fell down yesterday (right before these photos), I went and scooped him up and the first thing he asked for was "Dawg Dawg". So sweet.





DSC_0056_2


Thank you Dog Dog for being such a good friend. I knew when I saw your flat little body in Build A Bear you were special. A dog living among bears. Truly remarkable. And Taggie---thanks for having so many tags. You've saved us from having to carry multiple blankets around to get the same effect. You guys are awesome.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love the picture of Harvey looking WIDE EYED at his dog. "Hewwoww little dog. What is your name?"

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months