Sunday, March 7, 2010

Holy Cow Batman!

Harvey moved into the double digits yesterday---the big 1-0 months old. Wow. Since our mornings now seem to start around 6:00-6:15 (yup, every single day of the week) we decided it would be fun to take him to our favorite coffee shop for breakfast. So we were all at Fido right when they opened at 7am. Oh, and we were with Batman himself.



He was obviously on high alert, watching for early morning crime.


Hey, even Batman needs to eat.


Holy cow, doesn't he look like a big boy here, giving me a fake-ish smile? Geeze, he better slow down. And look at all those teeth!

So after breakfast, we went home and put Batman down for a nap. Long night of fighting crime in his crib and stuff. When he got up, we all had some lunch and then went out for ice cream. I know, he's one lucky kid.
This is where we went to get ice cream. It's a little walk up old time ice cream and burger joint. It was really good, and a fun experience. And because it was such a nice day, 1/3 of the Nashville population came out to join us.

Both of my boys on the lookout for crime. Good idea when you're hanging out on Charlotte Pike in Nashville.




Hey yous guys at the next table! You see me? I'm dwessed as Batman! Yeah, I fought you'd fink I was cute.


Come on dad, hurwy hurwy! I don't know what dat is, know I wants some!!!



Ohhhhh, sooo good......



Poor ole Batman was exhausted after our ice cream outing.

Then the annual photo shoot. Yes, Fredbird is missing. S-t-u-p-i-d mom! But don't worry, Fredbird is going to the park with us today, so I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of them together.



I love that his Kramer hair is blocking the sign.






Man I could just eat him up.

In honor of Harvey turning 10 months old, I thought I would list ten important facts about sweet Harv.

1. Favorite food: Toast with butter. He starts panting and flapping his hands when he sees me making it. Very interesting reaction.

2. Favorite toy: Pretty hard to say, but I would say his striped knitted bunny. I need to get some photos of him wrestling and chewing on his poor bunny's ears.

3. Most of the time he eats solely with his left hand.

4. Sizing: Clothes:12-18 months. Shoes: Size 3. Diapers: Size 4.

5. Favorite sound/word: "Gwah". He lights up if you ever say "Gwah" to him, and then he repeats it. It's like he understands someone for the first time.

6. He is so close to crawling, yet not. He can spin around in a full circle and then he crawls backwards, away from the the object he's facing and trying to get to. Seems efficient enough.

7. He loves riding in the cart in stores. Especially when mom is distracted and parks him just close enough to something he can pull off the shelf. Such a big "helper".

8. Throwing tantrums is becoming the norm. Best tantrum to date: Trader Joes parking lot when I took away the row of stickers the (well meaning) cashier gave my 9 month old. A child that young really has no business having stickers to suck and chew on. When I was putting him in the car, I snatched them out of his hands real quick. Man, he arched his back, kicked his feet, and screamed like we were having a serious emergency (and in his world, we were). I was going on like nothing was happening, and then I looked around and saw people all around the parking lot looking to see what we had going on. Guess it sounded like I was beating him. Good thing I said "No thanks" when she offered him a balloon.

9. He loves to squeal like a pterodactyl.

10. His BFF (aka his only friend): Mary Helen. He really does love her. He loves to watch her and then copy what she does. She kicks her feet in her high chair, he watches and starts kicking his feet in his chair. She bangs some toys together, he starts banging his toys together. They're so incredibly precious together.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months