Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where Has the Time Gone?!

Wow, I haven't really been on the internet much in almost a week. And, I didn't even really miss it. I did have my Blackberry to help keep me up to date, so perhaps I wasn't really gone, just not on the computer so much. But it sure did feel good to say I went without internet for a week. Don't know what I would do without some Facebook status updates. It's critical to know when friends I don't even keep up with anymore are drinking coffee, off to work, need help with the chicken coupe on Farmville, sharing their most recent witty/inspirational/(un)interesting quote, bummed about rainy weather, etc.

And now on to my uninteresting updates about life. :) This past weekend was the SEC Tournament here in Nashville. Amazing, to say the least. The original plan was for John and I to go downtown to scalp some tickets and go to at least one UK game. We invited John's mom, sister, and grandmother down to stay with us to visit and see Harvey, and to hangout with him while we went to some games. Then, Friday night when I got home, my mom called to see if she, my sister, and my niece Lorelai could come down for the weekend to go to the games as well. Why not? The more the merrier! So Friday night we had John's family with us, and then Saturday morning my family joined in. In all, we had 7 adults and 2 children at our house this weekend. A little crazy, but so much fun!

Saturday we went downtown simply to enjoy the UK madness while the kiddos stayed home with John's mom, sister, and grandmother. The Bridegstone Arena only holds 17,000 people, and there were at least 3 times as many people here for the games, so we already knew tickets would be crazy expensive. And they were. $400 each was the lowest I heard about. So we went downtown just to walk around and be with "my people", and then we went to a friend's bar to watch the game on TV. The place was packed with other UK fans, and we beat UT by 29 points, so it was awesome. We had such a good time, and we were so glad to have everyone here in town together. Such a fun weekend, and a great reason why I haven't updated the blog lately.

Harvey updates: he is army crawling forward now. He's mostly working it with one arm and his legs are pretty much dead weight, so it's kind of painful to watch. But he's doing it! He's already getting into all kinds of things, he's learned to cry when mama tells him no (the nerve of that woman, talking to me like that!), and he's learned that when someone tells him 'no', that's something he really should want to do more often. Funny how they already know to do that.

He currently has 5 teeth, 4 on one side, 1 on the other. Currently he is working on the other 3 matching ones on the left side. Teething is a real bummer.

We're moving again in less than 3 weeks. That's another post for another time, but just a quick update. The short story is we have a ladybug problem. Yeah, go ahead and laugh, it's (kind of) funny, definitely not something you hear everyday. We've had so many problems with them, you aren't allowed to exterminate them (although when you're in my house, it's fair game), so we're moving out and letting them have the place. Our apartment people have been incredible in trying to fix this, and they're moving us into a nicer place with a garage. Moving is a real bummer, but it will totally be worth it in the end to never see another stinkin ladybug, and to have a nicer place. Guess that wasn't such a long story after all! I'll post some photos tomorrow. Don't worry, Harvey is still the most photographed child, possibly ever. Oh, and the cutest. Ever. Definitely the cutest.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months