Sunday, February 8, 2009

New York, An Interesting Place

So, I'm a Midwestern guy, and have traveled a lot. Where I grew up, things were relatively-calm and people were usually considerate of others.

Sarah and I just (on purpose) spent four days in New York City, as our last "official" vacation before the arrival of little Harvey. Yes, subways, planes, 12-degree weather and endless-walking at 25 weeks of being pregnant. Sarah is one tough (and hot) mom.

I've been to NYC before, a number of times. I thoroughly enjoy the place, and am completely fascinated with much of what it has to offer, but wow, the people there could really afford to chill out a bit. Don't get me wrong, there are a whole lot of nice people in NYC. But, maybe just don't take yourselves so seriously? Possibly?

Anyway, I couldn't start this post with some "I Heart NYC" message; I had to be a little more truthful than that cliche statement.

At the same time, I'm very proud it's part of the country I call home.

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, although it was absolutely freezing most of the time; we're glad we did it, and will be sharing more details of our stories over the next week or two.

In the meantime, enjoy our pictures.
























No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months