Sunday, February 21, 2010

Best Two Days of His Life

Over the last week, Harvey has experienced the best two days of his life. Yup, best two days out of nine whole months. Here's why.

First: His cousin Lorelai's first birthday. I know, this may seem strange that someone else's big day would be one of his top two, but you'll see why in a bit.
The theme: Tinkerbell. Obviously.



And here is Miss Tinkerbell herself.


I wanted to get a shot without her passy, and this is what I got:
Perhaps she needs it after all.




He desperately wanted her dress. I'm moderately concerned.


The big event. I thought she would dig right in, but she didn't seem to like it so much at first.


So dad "helped". I love that face!


And now she's loving it! And wanting you to join in.




And now to Harvey's best day ever #1.
Big boy got to sit and eat his own piece of cake---without frosting of course. Gotta save something for his first birthday. And, we wouldn't want to upstage the birthday girl. (And more frosting for mommy. There, I said it.)
He was super intense and focused the whole time. Just shoveling it in as fast as he could. He only stopped to look around when Lorelai was getting out of her chair. Probably afraid his cake time was over.



He also got to wear a Tinkerbell headband just like the birthday girl. He loved it. Or maybe just my mom and I loved it. Whatever. A good time was had by all.

And best day ever #2:

A day at the park. It was finally warm and sunny yesterday, so we decided to get out and get some fresh air. And take 400 photos. Literally. It's an illness, I know.







We found a swing set with some baby swings and decided to let Harvey try them out. He had never been in a real swing, so we weren't sure how he would like it.

First, the wind up:

And he's off! And loving it.



I love this photo! Such reckless abandon.



And the wind in that already naturally crazy hair. Too perfect.




Then the big boy wanted to take a spin.


Such a perfect day. While it was one of Harvey's best days ever, John and I will also cherish those memories as well. It's so fun and refreshing to watch your children experience things like this for the first time. We've all played on swings a million times and they're not that exciting to us. But to a newbie, that's some pretty exciting stuff, "flying" through the air, the wind in your wild spiky hair. I love it.

2 comments:

Marena said...

I love checking in and reading your blogs! You have such a great sense of humor that comes through in your writing!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Trips to the park will be so much fun this summer. I think you should scrapbook Harvey's first experience on the real swings :)

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months