Monday, February 1, 2010

What a Week

I feel like I'm always attempting to catch up these days. And yet I never feel all caught up. Guess that's my new normal. Anyway, it's been a crazy week in the Clore household. Harvey went to his grandparent's in Illinois, I hosted a bachelorette party Thursday night, there was a crazy winter storm and lots of wedding activities for my friends Natalie and Nick, and then there was a wedding (shocking, I know). And somewhere in all that, John and I finally painted Harvey's nursery. In all our free time. Here are some photos to help me feel like I'm getting caught up (although we all know I'm really not. It's a fun to pretend).

Wednesday:



I was a baker, a caterer, a florist, and (mostly) a mother. Seriously, Harv spent quite a bit of time playing "let's watch mama get things ready". He really likes that game. Only one rule to remember: mama's busy, so share all your troubles with your toys. Fortunately, he went to Illinois that night where he got some SERIOUS attention. He's so neglected. :)

Thursday




The limo driver snapped this beauty so I could be in a photo.


The par-tay bus.
Embarrassing Natalie as best as we could.

Then this happened Friday:
This was the first real snow since I've lived here. I've been dying for a snow storm to shut down Nashville. And of course, it happens the one weekend that we really can't stay in. So John and I risked life and limb to get to all the wedding festivities this weekend. Apparently this really threw me off my game because I don't have anymore photos until the wedding reception. I was all out of sorts.

But first, Saturday before I headed to the church, we did this:
We finally painted the nursery. Ah, that's much better (in my opinion).





Despite all the weather drama, it was a beautiful wedding, and I was honored to be a part of it all. So excited for you two! And, I'm insanely jealous you're in Hawaii for the next two weeks!

Sunday John and I worked on cleaning and putting Harvey's room back together, and then we finally were able to go get our little guy.

I missed this:

Those cheeks, that hair. I could just eat him up. While we did miss him, it was good to have a weekend alone. It's good to take some time out every now and then just to focus on being husband and wife without all the added pressure of being mom and dad. And, it's good for the little man to spend some time with his grandparents, to have special time where he can get away with murder. Everyone needs to have a chance to cut loose every now and then, even if you're just 8 months old.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months