Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Listing

It's time for another list of all the thoughts running through my head right now. This might be a doosie!

-Last night I set out to buy ink for our printer. I ended up saving $20 by buying a whole new printer instead of the ink cartridges. True story.

-Our guest room is about to implode on itself. There is a leak coming from upstairs, and our walls, ceiling, and carpet are soaked. The leak was supposedly fixed yesterday, but our newly soaked guest bed (wet down comforter, duvet, sheets, and pillow top cover) this morning says otherwise. We got things cleaned up, and then after John went to work, I decided we needed to just move all our stuff out of the way. Just for your reference, moving a queen size mattress by yourself is no small feat. The box spring is also kinda tricky. Watch out for art hanging on your walls.

-So glad we're renting right now.

-Harvey is definitely my child. He may not look a whole lot like me, but he definitely acts like me. He's pretty out there, and I love it. For instance, I always try to make him and MH dance to music by waving their arms around. He will do it for a minute, but then quickly moves on with life. The other day I discovered why. He is a booty bouncer! I turned on some music and I started dancing (think Napoleon Dynomite talent show) and trying to get them to dance. All of the sudden, Harvey hoists himself into a standing position on the ottoman, and starts bouncing his baby booty all around. He was squealing and laughing and having the best time. That's my boy! Then later that same day, he crawls over to me like he's on some big time mission. He squinted his eyes and looked at me, took one pudgey little finger and pointed to his eye, then to his nose, and then he frantically crawled away laughing hysterically. He's never done that before. It was like some weirdo inside joke he has with himself. I couldn't be more proud.

-He has started inadvertently mocking John and myself. When he throws food on the floor, he now tosses it over his shoulder, looks at us and says "Ohhhh. Uh uh uh. Uh-ohhhh" while patting his hand (before he started in with the theatrics, we were telling him "No" and flicking his hand when he threw food. Now that it's a big production and a game, we have stopped even acknowledging any of this). Also, he will copy what you say, including the inflection in your voice. I apparently say "cheese" and "cat" high pitched when I say it to him. Now he "mocks" me with "chhEEEee" and "caaAAAt". He's just making me aware of how stupid I sound when talking to children. He's tired of me talking down to him.

-After the really bad Sunday he had in the nursery over a month ago, we started letting him take Dog Dog in with him. No more crying, at all. The boy just needed his buddy to go with him to help him be tough. So sweet.

-Tantrums are going well. As in he has them often. The arched back, throwing his head back trying to break someone's nose, screaming until he gags. He's awesome. And kinda angry at life. Then totally happy and giggling less than 2 minutes later. Kids.are.bipolar. Honestly.

-He's going through a cuddly/snuggly phase right now. When he wakes up from nap he likes to suck his thumb with his head on your shoulder and wrap his other arm around your neck, real tight. I drop everything when he wakes up just to have my busy toddler be my baby again, just for a few minutes. I try to soak it in and remember exactly how he feels in my arms in that exact moment, because all to soon he's going to be too big to cuddle. He just melts my little Grinch heart sometimes.

-I'm about to make me some muffins that taste like donuts. I hope there's at least one left over for Harvey when he wakes up from nap. My jeans hope so as well. They're at capacity at the moment.

Alright, I'm finished. Going to make some muffins and edit some more photos. I should have another post of photos on here sometime tonight. I know, I'm awesome. I just didn't want to come right out and say it, but you forced it out of me.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

How were the muffins that taste like donuts? I have PW's cookbook, but I rarely have a chance to try anything :) I also love knowing about Harvey's back arching tantrums. Awesome :) I would love to be there for one. Loveyou, sweet friend!

Brooke said...

How were the muffins that taste like donuts? I have PW's cookbook, but I rarely have a chance to try anything :) I also love knowing about Harvey's back arching tantrums. Awesome :) I would love to be there for one. Loveyou, sweet friend!

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months