Sunday, August 9, 2009

Quick Update

We're having a crazy busy week, so that's why there have been no new blog posts. We're at home for the moment, so I thought I would just do a quick update on some new things Harvey can do.

*He has finally learned he can touch things on purpose---pretty crazy idea. Just this weekend he figured out how to swat at his hanging toys to make them move. That's way more entertaining! Now I don't have to sit and watch him lay there helplessly looking at his toys, wondering why they're all staring at him.

*He can finally suck his thumb. I know this doesn't sound like such a great achievement, but trust me, it is. For months he's tried to suck his thumb, only to be shocked and hurt when his thumb was viciously ripped out of his mouth (by his arm). Darn those involuntary movements.


Pretty pumped about his new trick!

*And finally, (drumroll) Harvey is eating cereal. I know, I know, you're supposed to wait until they're 4 months old. But I'm thinking once you tip the scales at over 16 pounds, you can have a little cereal. He gets a couple teaspoons of cereal at night right before his bedtime bottle. He was really ready. The first night we tried it, he didn't spit out a single drop! This kid is not playing around when it comes to moving towards solid food!


What, doesn't everyone eat dinner in their underwear?

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months