Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Beginnings

I've been saying that I'm interested in getting into photography, getting a nicer camera to learn how to take nicer photos, taking some classes to learn a thing or 12 about photography, learning how to use photoshop to make my photos better---all in the hopes of actually becoming a photographer when I "grow up". Well, I've finally put all my big talk into action. This past week we purchased a Nikon D90. That's some scary stuff right there. Now we've made an investment in what I hope is my future. Now I actually have to DO all the things I've been saying I want to do. Now I have to prove that I do have some talent, and spend lots of time learning all I can about how to make my raw talent much, much better. It's so easy to sit back and dream and talk about all the things you want to do someday, but when someday actually comes around, it can be a little unnerving. Photography is a pretty serious financial commitment, (one of the lenses I want soon is $550. Yup, that's just for one) and there are just so many things that are unknown at this point. For instance, will I ever be good enough to have actual paying clients? That's a big one.

But I'm trusting that I have a passion and a drive for this for a reason. I really feel like right now is the best time for me to start something new, while MH and Harvey actually take naps and before anyone has anymore children. And who wouldn't want to have a nanny that is learning to become a photographer?! Free (hopefully good) photos anyone? So, I'm super excited to be moving forward into yet another new phase of life. And I'm equally excited to have a nice camera to take pictures of my amazing boys. My muses.



Harvey "helping me" with the instructions for the new camera.

Oh yeah, I hep her real good wif dees 'structions.


We took Harvey to Laura's graduation party on Friday night. Mistake. We took his Pack-n-Play and sound machine thinking he would just go to sleep. He just knew there were things going on that he wanted to be a part of, so he fought sleep---hard. He accidently fell asleep for a bit, but kept waking up crying. I wrestled him down 3 times, and then finally I gave up. I got him up and let him party until he was about to completely come undone around 10:00. Lesson learned. You always need a sitter when going to a party. Always.
Yes, he is dressed as Santa. You know what they say---it's not a graduation party until someone brings a baby dressed as Santa!

Jolly Old St. Nick.

"Oooone hundred bottles of milk on the the wall, one hundred bottles of milk.........."


Congratulations Laura!




Weally? Can't I do anyfing wifout dat in my face?


I dunno who ated your eggs mom.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months