Monday, January 26, 2009

Andy Osenga: A Musician To Know

I'm not a music reviewer, and this isn't a music blog, necessarily. But there's an artist I feel the need to share about with anyone that's reading. I can honestly say he's one of my favorite artists in all of music.

Andy Osenga. 

Check out his website here.

He used to be lead singer in a band called The Normals. I saw The Normals at John A. Logan College in Southern Illinois, January 9, 1999. One of the coolest shows I've ever seen. I'll never forget their version of U2's "With or Without You" that night.

A group of 7 or 8 people had driven a number of hours to come to this show. When they arrived, it was sold out. Sold out so much so that no one else was allowed in to the auditorium, no matter how far they had driven.

They didn't leave.

Following the show, Andy found out about these people.

He brought his acoustic guitar to the lobby of the auditorium, sat down on the floor and played a few songs for them.

I enjoyed the moment.

Over the past ten years, Andy has done some amazing things in the music world. He is part of a great band called Caedmon's Call. He has produced lots of albums and written some absolutely killer songs.

A couple of my personal favorites are: "Coming to Life" and "The Priest and the Iron Rain."

Buy anything he's done. Whatever it is; it doesn't matter.

In the meantime, enjoy "Swing Wide the Glimmering Gates."


No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

Archive