Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Aren't Who We Were

And I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

I borrowed that title from a line in the below NOOMA video, from Rob Bell.

I'm not old, but I've definitely lived enough life to know I'm glad things are different. And things will be different. The changes apparently never stop. The process never, really, ends.

Life has been nothing short of interesting for me over the past couple of years. Sarah, my bride, was brought to me in the most special way. God brought her when I least expected.

I had spent the prior few months completely checked out of life. My world had been knocked around a bit. I had had some rough times.

And there she was.

I was different. She was different. Life became different.

The next few months were both some of the best, and hardest, months of my life.

Best, because she was there.

Hardest, because real-change is not easy.

I knew the first night. We met to talk; to prove to ourselves this wasn't the one. But I knew. It's ridiculous, in retrospect. There she was. After all that had happened. There she was.

She is my second chance. My bride is my grace in human-form. She is truly my hero.

From here, life will continue to be interesting. Hard times will continue to occur. The changes will never stop, and I'm glad I understand that now.

1 comment:

I'm Kate... said...

The older we get, I'm understanding how you become more "ok" with change, and less resistant to evolution of self. Its not easy - you said it. And isn't it amazing how God primes us for the blessings? He doesn't always deliver when we think He is delivering, but He's continually preparing us for for the next round, per say, of blessings. He put you through hell and fire to refine you for your SOUL MATE - and again, its not who you originally thought it would be. And to the naked eye, the "set backs" or the hard times are not recognized as blessings - but they are, and they lead to more. But simply understanding Who is the One spinning your world makes it clear that those crazy times are in fact the true blessings of life. Count it ALL joy, my friend, and be glad that past is past, and future is hope! :)

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

Archive