Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some Notes From Mom

Ok, so I never write on here (and once I'm finished, you'll all know why).  But I have a few thoughts and observations about what I already know about little Harvey.  Definitely not as eloquent as my John, but this will have to do.

First, Harvey is quite the busy boy.  He is really starting to toss, turn, roll, and softly punch all over.  I have no idea what he's so busy doing.  Perhaps some underwater basket weaving. That's what it feels like.  He is most active, strangely enough, when I'm hungry.  He really must be pulling hard on the umbilical cord for room service.  So, first lesson, he knows what he wants, and he wants it in his timing.  Just like his mama.  Trust me, I don't willingly wait around for food--just ask John. :) 

Second, he is already quite the stubborn little guy.  It is our ultimate quest right now to be able to feel all these little movements on the outside.  So I will feel him squirming, touch my belly where I feel him move, and then he stops.  I'll hold my hands there for a minute, and when I let go, TONS of quick movements.  That immediately cease when I touch again.  The best is when John tries to catch him.  He will sit there for several minutes moving his hands all over to catch any possible movement.  Within minutes of John giving up, Harvey is back to playing Dance Dance Revolution once again.  So he's already doing just the opposite of what we want.  So stubborn, just like mom and dad.  We're so proud.  

And finally, this boy's got some attitude.  We were watching him during the ultrasound yesterday, and he was really busy with his hands near his face.  He was sucking his thumb for a bit and then "lost" his hand.  He kept trying to get it back, and after a couple attempts, he would shake his fists back and forth really fast, temper tantrum style.  That's what I like to see.  If at first you don't succeed, get really stinkin' mad.  That's what mom and dad would do.  

So far, Harvey has quite a personality.  He's picked up on some of our finest qualities.  Boy are we going to have our hands full!  And we will love every minute of it.  It's so fun to already know this little boy that isn't even "here" yet, and to love him so dearly already.  

1 comment:

I'm Kate... said...

OOOO!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Sarah, I love this post! TOO CUTE!!!!!!

This past weekend, we were playing the same "find the kicking baby" game with Delaney, and my friend who was visiting was the first besides me to feel her move. When Delaney gave her a kung fu tornado kick to the hand, my husband gave my friend a bad look because he hadn't felt her yet!! haha!

Isn't pregnancy the coolest thing in the world? I mean, guys just don't know! And its so mind boggling to think that someone could ever NOT want a child once they've experienced these miracles. I hope you are enjoying every moment!!! :)

Love you guys! (and can't wait to meet you!!!)

Kate

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

Archive