Saturday, March 21, 2009

All-Stars in St. Louie

Sarah and I were talking last night about our grand plans (from last summer) to somehow attend this season's MLB All-Star game, which will be played in the city (I wish we called home) of St. Louis. As we watched the 2008 Home Run Derby on TV, we were plotting all kinds of ways we could make this happen. Go further into debt. Pull every possible favor we could think of. Etc, etc.

In my mind (at least), it was made up that we would find a way.

Just to put the dollar amount of this in perspective, I just googled tickets for the 2009 All-Star game. I clicked the first link that came up. $304, per ticket, for standing-room-only tickets. And you have to buy at least 2.

This is still four months before the game.

Anyway, Harvey came along and sealed the deal on this trip; we will not be going.

Just as we will (likely) not be attending the Billy Joel and Elton John concert, on May 16, in Nashville (I'm looking at the tickets on the desk in front of me).

I am selfish. My first-born is already teaching me much-needed lessons.

In the meantime, I'll just look at this picture and dream, while my beautiful, pregnant wife sleeps on the bed behind me.



No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months