Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ray (Freaking) Price

I was very privileged to hear music legend Ray Price speak yesterday, at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. He was being interviewed by WSM-AM personality, Eddie Stubbs, as part of the Hall of Fame's special "Family Tradition: The Williams Family Legacy" exhibit, detailing the legacy of Hank Williams and family.

Hank Williams played a huge part in bringing Ray Price to Nashville, back in 1951. 

The two were roommates for 8 months, during 1952.

Hank Williams died on New Years Day, 1953.

My view on country music was forever changed when I had the chance to be Ray's publicist, in 2005. The time I was able to spend with the man had such a major impact on me, that I completely quit making fun of a genre of music that I hadn't had much respect for before that. 

Ray Price is one of the most important American musical treasures we have, and ever will have. If you don't know much about him, I highly encourage you to check into this man's history and impact. He is truly one of the best.

1 comment:

jessica dukes said...

i saw him last night at the opry! amazing, i have pictures! i am sure i will blog about it at some point!

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months