Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let's Hear It For My Baby's Daddy!

Alright "guest blogger" time.  Really, I'm supposed to be writing on here more often to help chronicle the pregnancy, but I can't seem to put my thoughts together very well these days.  Seeing as I'm doing well most days to make it out the door and remember where it is I'm going, blogging seems to have taken a back seat.  But it just so happens that I have one important pregnancy update that I really have to share.

I just want to take a minute to brag on my wonderful husband.  Living with a (banshee) pregnant woman for the last 7 months has been no walk in the park for him, I'm sure.  I started out in the first trimester completely panicked by everything, cried over absolutely anything (including the time my cat ate my peanut butter sandwich--classic story), and just mostly absent from everyday life.  John was such a trooper during that time.  He stayed with me, even when I was no fun to be around.  He spoke truth to me when I needed to hear it most.  And he just helped calm my everyday fears by reassuring me that no matter what, none of this was in my control.

I like to think the second trimester was a bit better.  John may have a different opinion on the matter, but I think of those as our "glory days" of pregnancy.  At the very least, I was just my usual sassy self.

And here we are, coming to the end---and I have gone insane.  The last few weeks I haven't been exceptionally emotional or sassy, I'm just down right grumpy and mean.   At one point this weekend, I actually asked John to stop trying to make me happy and just let me be mad.  And then Monday night was such a great example of how loving and patient he has been through all this.  I was sick and had a terrible day at work, so naturally I was a disaster by the time I came home.  I informed John I was not cooking dinner (very nice, I know), and naturally he said he would.  He asked what I wanted, and I said I didn't care.  Then the first 3 things he offered to make, I turned down immediately.  Riiiiight, I obviously didn't care.  So since he wasn't going to read my mind, I told him what I wanted him to make.  Then as he was starting dinner, he asked if I wanted: a Diet Coke--no; some ice cream--no; some chocolate--ohh yes!!  Well, we don't usually have chocolate in the house, so he was going to go get me some while dinner was cooking.  Very nice!  Then all he asked was what kind of chocolate I wanted.  I firmly told him I don't care, just figure it out.  At that point, he lovingly informed me he was trying really hard to be nice, and if I could do just a little to be nice in return, that would be great.  At that point, we both started to laugh at how ridiculous I was being!  I mean really, who acts like that?!

I am truly blessed.  John has been (and continues to be) so patient and kind, no matter how nasty I get.  He cleans the bathrooms, cleans the house, takes care of the litter box, goes to the grocery, puts gas in my car, cooks for me, goes and gets chocolate (while making dinner!), anything I need, I know John will gladly do it.  I just wanted to "guest blog" and let him know how much I appreciate everything!  You are my helper, my best friend, and I love you so much!  

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months