Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Small Confession

So I must admit, I love to take naps with Harvey.  There, now it's out there. :) 

When Harvey first came home, the only way we could get him to stop crying some nights was to put him in our bed. We called it "The Magic Bed".  We would seriously do everything we could think of to try to get him to calm down, and as a last resort we would bring him to our bed.  As soon as his back would touch our bed, he would stop immediately.  I have no idea how he knew what was going on, but he sure did (probably because he's a freakin genius like his mother).   We absolutely did not want to start this habit, so we only used it in case of emergency.

Then, Harvey went through a phase where he cried from 5:45 until who knows when, although he wasn't quite ready to get up.  So to get him to sleep some more, he would come get in bed with me once John left for the gym.  When he moved to his crib a couple weeks ago, I finally let him cry it out one morning, and now he wakes up for a bottle and sleeps until 9.   

So now he is a healthy sleeper, sleeping on his own in his bed, learning how to self soothe and go to sleep on his own.  While I really am grateful for this, I miss seeing his sweet little face sleeping next to me.  His big blue eyes staring at me until he finally falls asleep. And I realize, there is only a short time left in life where he will still want to snuggle and cuddle with me (not to mention, sleeping with your mom gets real creepy real fast:) ).  So every now and then, I like to go lay down with him for one of his naps.  Yesterday after we went to the park, we came home and rested in the guest room.  He looked so sweet laying there, I had a mini photo shoot with him. 

Our sweet little boy is growing so fast, I can see that everyday.  Someday all too soon, he will grow up to be a wonderful man, and we will be left with the memories of our sweet, chubby baby boy.  In light of that, I took some pictures of some things I never want to forget about him. They are not the best quality for sure, but these are some precious memories.


His tiny little feet, all pink and perfect.

His chunky little hands, and the nice fat roll he calls a wrist.


His chubby thighs.  

And here he is, stretching to wake up. 

There are so many precious moments to enjoy with this kid.  Harvey, life is so very sweet with you.

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months