Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's Not Just Gas

Catchy title huh?  Well today Harvey hit another little milestone---he had his first "social smiles"!   Now this kid has smiled quite a bit by accident.  He smiles all the time when he's falling asleep, when there's some gas brewing, and even sometimes when we tell a good joke while he's sleeping (excellent comedic timing I tell you!).  But today was different.  This morning while we were playing, I was holding him up and singing a song and smiling at him.  Then he smiled back---not just with his mouth, but his whole little face lit up.  Then he stopped and I tried something else and he did it again and again.  So sweet!  Then to prove I'm not just a crazy mom who thinks their child is a genius (although I am, and he is), when he woke up from a nap I played with him some more and got a few more smiles.  Such a sweet moment that reminds me when he's screaming and there is nothing else I can do for him, there are better times coming.  Perhaps these moments will even help me to not post "Free baby to a good home" on Facebook anymore.  We had a long day yesterday. :) 

I tried to capture some smiles, but by the time I got the camera, he was really tired of my big, loud, smiling face.  Here is one that's close.  I'm sure we will have plenty to put on here soon enough!
 





Yeah, ok lady.  We're pretty much done here.  I'm not really impressed with "Baa Baa Black Sheep" anymore. 



No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months