Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Super Harv!

So I have a few updates to share, but first I have a fun picture to share.  We received some custom made onsies at our Nashville shower that are too cute.  Here is Harvey dressed as "Super Harv".


I wanted to take some more pictures while he was awake, but he spent most of his awake hours screaming..........and then he peed through his diaper and onto his onsie and my dress.  So, wardrobe changes all around and no more photo ops!

That brings me to my next update.  We are finally experiencing what it's truly like to have a newborn in our home.  In the beginning, Harvey slept a ton and really only cried when he needed something.  Nights were rough, but really not too terrible.  And I could always "catch up" on some sleep during the day and still get things done around the house.  Oh not anymore!  Now his night times are much better (after 1am), and his mornings start off pretty well.  Then sometime around 12 he flips the switch and goes nuts.  Seriously, he will cry whether he's being held or not for most of the day.  He'll calm down a little sometimes in the evening, and then start up again around 10 and not stop until his 1am feeding.  I'm sure our neighbors are loving it!  Needless to say, John and I are having a ball as well.  But, it goes with the territory, and he'll get it together at some point-----hopefully before he goes to college.

Luckily we have great friends who still bring meals and come to give us some much needed time out.  Aunt Natalie and Nick came over last night so John and I could go have dinner and have some down time.  It was wonderful!  Since last Tuesday I have spent almost all of my time with Harvey since he has been sick and been in the hospital.  I have been able to get away a few times, but I've gone out alone to run errands while John stays home.  Then when John and I are together, we're spending most of our time tag teaming trying to get Harvey to chill out.  Needless to say, we needed some quality time.  Thanks Natalie and Nick!!!!

Ok, a few more photos.  Since we're using this as Harvey's scrapbook, we'll always have a ton of pictures on here.  And let's face it, most of you probably skip all the words and go right to the pictures.  Reading is way over rated. :) 



Harvey sleeping in his crib for the first time.  He still sleeps in our room at night, and during the day we're working on taking naps in his crib.  Just trying to make that transition a smooth one.




A new sleeping position.  He was sleeping with is foot resting on his diaper for quite some time.  





And this is what he looks like most of the day.  Pretty happy!  

No comments:

>



New Little Harvey

New Little Harvey

One Month

One Month

Two Months

Two Months

Three Months

Three Months

Four Months

Four Months

Five Months

Five Months

Six Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Seven Months